I have to say I’ve never really been a huge fan of the sandwich when it comes to my lunch time choice, I’ve probably just distressed half the male population with this statement but I find them to be rather expensive if purchased on the go or if prepared beforehand at home they tend to be soggy by the time of consumption. Ideally I’d spend a few hours on a Sunday in the kitchen meal prepping lunches for the week ahead but of course sometimes my bed and binge watching a box set seems more appealing so this doesn’t always get done, in which case I need something quick but tasty that i can rustle up within 10 minutes the night before or the morning of work, luckily I have this covered and you can too…
– Tinned Tuna.
– Seafood Sticks.
– Light Mayo.
– Chili flakes.
– Sesame Seeds.
– Sweet Potato.
– Spring Onions.
– Sundried Tomatoes.
– Olive Oil.
Tuna Mayo with a twist (Pescetarian).
– Take 1 can of Tuna, drain, mix with 2 tablespoons of light Mayo and Wasabi to taste, Wasabi pepper is even better if you can get hold of it.
– Serve with sliced Avocado and 1 chopped Spring Onion.
– Season with Salt to taste.
California Bowl (Pescetarian).
– Pull apart 5 Seafood sticks and roughly chop, mix with light Mayo and Wasabi to taste.
– Serve with sliced Avocado, 1 chopped Spring Onion and 1 grated Carrot.
– Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds (optional) and season with Salt to taste.
Buddha Bowl (Vegan).
– Drain and rinse 1 can of Chickpeas, cook in Olive Oil and Paprika for 5 minutes or if you have time roast in the oven for 30 minutes on 200C with Olive Oil, Paprika and Salt.
– Serve with sliced Avocado, Olives, Sundried Tomatoes, Samphire (optional) and a tablespoon of Hummus, you shouldn’t need to season with Salt as Samphire is naturally salty but add some Chili flakes to taste if you require extra heat.
Sweet Jacket Potato (Vegan).
– Take 1 medium size Sweet Potato, pierce with a knife, microwave for 5 minutes then check, if still hard then microwave for a further 5 minutes, shouldn’t need longer than 10 minutes in total.
– Slit the jacket down the middle and top with mashed Avocado and 1 chopped Spring Onion.
– Season with Salt and Chili flakes to taste.