Don’t get me wrong, I love a Steak but you don’t have to be a vegetarian or vegan to enjoy a plant based meal, if anything these dishes tend to be more imaginative and bursting with flavour, not to mention healthy and nutritious.
The recipe below is so versatile, enjoy as part of a hearty supper served with mash, caramelised onions and gravy, for breakfast served with beans and grilled tomatoes or for lunch as part of a salad. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be made in batches and frozen.
Vegan, Gluten Free.
– 2 x Cans of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed.
– 1 Large onion, sliced and diced.
– 4 Carrots, peeled and grated.
– 2 Tablespoons of mixed herbs.
– Splash of Tabasco sauce or Cayenne to taste.
– Frylight cooking spray.
– Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Pop all ingredients into a blender, this may need to be done in batches, season to taste and pulse to combine.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours, this will help the sausages hold their shape whilst cooking.
3. Divide mixture into sausages, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper that has been sprayed with low cal cooking spray, sprinkle with your favourite herbs and spices.
4. Cook in the oven at 200C for 30 minutes, turning half way through.
5. Once golden brown serve with a side of your choice.