Dauphinoise potatoes make for a deliciously indulgent side dish, ideal if entertaining guests and wanting to impress, also the perfect accompaniment to steak or your Sunday roast.
Guaranteed you’ll already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen so why not give this easy yet extremely satisfying recipe a go?
Serves 4, Gluten Free, Vegetarian.
– 300ml Double Cream.
– 300ml Milk.
– 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed.
– 2 or 3 Large Potatoes, thinly sliced.
– 2 Sprig of Rosemary, optional.
– 100g Cheddar Cheese, grated.
1. Tip the cream, milk, garlic and 1 rosemary sprig (optional) into a large saucepan, bring to simmer.
2. Slice potatoes as thinly as possible, add them to the pan and simmer until just cooked.
3. Remove rosemary and discard. Using a slotted spoon if you have one, separate the potatoes from the cream and lay out in a wide ovenproof dish, pour over the garlic and rosemary infused cream.
4. Scatter over the cheese and sprigs of rosemary for decoration (optional).
5. Place in a preheated oven at 190C for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and cheese is golden.