If like myself, your waist line has become a bit of a myth over the festive season or you feel rather run down why not try this simple soup, packed with antioxidants, sure to get you back on track.
This dish is a comforting winter warmer and although I’ve listed the recipe below this really is an ‘anything goes’ kind of soup so feel free to add other varieties of veg for example peppers or spinach, a great way to clear out the fridge of odd bits and bobs you have no other use for.
– 3 Carrots.
– 2 sticks of Celery.
– 1 Can of tinned Tomatoes.
– Half a bag of Kale.
– 1 Large Onion, thinly sliced.
– 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed.
– 1/2 a teaspoon of Chili flakes.
– 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
– 1 tablespoon of Tomato Puree.
– 1 Vegetable Oxo Cube or 1 tablespoon of Bouillon if vegan.
– 1 Teaspoon of Marmite/Yeast Extract.
– Olive Oil/Coconut Oil.
– Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Using a large saucepan fry off Onions and Garlic in Olive Oil or Coconut Oil until soft and translucent.
2. Add peeled and chopped veg minus the Kale along with the Chili flakes plus Paprika, stir together until soft.
3. Once soft in goes tinned Tomatoes along with 800ml of water, stir in Puree, stock and Yeast Extract.
4. Tear Kale leaves from the stems then add to pan, bring to boil.
5. Once boiling, turn down heat, cover pan and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes this soup should be ready to enjoy, add Salt and Pepper to taste.
Suitable for vegetarians, suitable for vegans if Bouillon stock is used. Gluten Free.